The Purposes of the Cobb Middle School PTA, in common with those of the National PTA and the Texas PTA, are:
- To promote the welfare of the children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
The Purposes of the National PTA, the Texas PTA and this Local PTA are promoted through an advocacy and educational program directed toward parents, teachers and the general public; developed through conferences, committees, projects, and programs; and governed and qualified by the basic policies set forth in Article IV.
The organization is organized exclusively for the charitable, scientific, literary or educational purposes within the meaning of Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code or corresponding section of any future federal tax code (hereinafter referred to as "Internal Revenue Code").